Who are we?
We are Natera International, Inc (Natera). We are an affiliate of Natera, Inc. Our head office is at 201 Industrial Rd, San Carlos, CA 94070 USA.
Natera is a global leader in cell-free DNA testing. The mission of the company is to change the management of disease worldwide by harnessing the power of DNA from a single blood sample to improve the management of women’s health, oncology, and organ transplantation. Natera offers a host of proprietary genetic testing services to inform physicians who care for pregnant women, oncologists, and cancer researchers, including biopharmaceutical companies, and genetic laboratories through its cloud-based software platform.
Natera is the data controller in respect of personal data which we collect and process to provide our services. Natera also processes personal data on behalf of clinicians and hospitals and is the Data Processor in respect of this data.
This Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or from others, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) may be contacted at Natera, care of Data Protectors, LLC., 15127 NE 24th St, Suite 435, Redmond, WA 98052 USA or via email at Privacy@Natera.com.
Details of Personal Data Processing
In the course of our business, we collect and process the Personal Data as set out in this Notice. This may include data we receive directly from you (for example, by completing forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise) and data we receive from other sources (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, credit reference agencies, government bodies and others).
We will only process Personal Data for the specific purposes set out in this Notice or for any other purposes specifically permitted by the applicable law. We will notify those purposes to you when we first collect the data or as soon as possible thereafter.
The personal data we collect, details of the processing activity and the lawful basis is as follows:
|Purpose||Description of the data and its use||Lawful basis|
Sales and marketing
|We use this data to deliver information about our products and services and subscribe you to publications where you have subscribed to receive same; to send you invites to events, etc..||Consent / legitimate interest|
We use this data to administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
|legitimate interest and/or consent – depending on Cookie use|
When you visit our websites, your agreement to the above use will become a condition of the contract between us as we require certain information in order to be able to provide you with our services (e.g. contact information). In those circumstances, if you do not provide your information when requested, we may be unable to provide our services to you.
What information about you do we obtain from others?
When you visit or interact with our website, we may obtain the following categories of personal data from others:
- First and last names
- IP address
- Email address
- And any information you may write to us
- Google may collect additional data as described in their data collection policy.
Who do we share this information with?
We may share your personal data with service providers, contractors, medical service providers and Google.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
- As part of a project with affiliates of Natera.
We attach at Schedule 1 a list of all entities with whom your personal data is shared.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will only keep that data for certain periods. The time periods for which we retain your data depends on the type of personal data and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your personal data for no longer than is required or permitted.
For further information on the periods for which your personal data is kept, please see our data retention policy which can be accessed here: Data Retention Policy
Do We transfer your information Outside The European Union or European Economic Area?
If you send us an email, this email will be processed in the United States, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for which there is not an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission.
Appropriate technical, procedural and administrative safeguards have been put in place to protect your information and you may obtain a copy of those safeguards by writing our Data Protection Officer.
What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
You have the following rights:
- request access to any Personal Data held by us (a “Data Subject Access Request”);
- prevent the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes;
- ask to have inaccurate data amended;
- prevent processing that is likely to cause damage or distress;
- ask for details of your Personal Data held by us;
- ask for a copy of your Personal Data;
- have any inaccurate or misleading data rectified, corrected and erased (subject to certain statutory restrictions);
- restrict the processing of Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- object to transfer Personal Data to a third party;
- to not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making including profiling (subject to certain statutory restrictions);
- to receive notification of a data breach;
- to data portability, which allows individuals to move, copy or transfer Personal Data from one IT environment to another;
- to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission whose website is https://ico.org.uk/;
- to object to processing of Personal Data based on public interest grounds or based on legitimate interest of the data controller (subject to certain statutory exceptions).
In order to avail of any of these rights, a request must be submitted in writing to Privacy@Natera.com. For the protection of privacy, suitable proof of identification will be required before a request can be processed.
What will happen if we change our privacy notice?
This notice may change from time to time, and any changes will be posted on this website and will be effective when posted. Please review this notice each time you use our website or our services. This notice was last updated on May 1st, 2020.
How can you contact us?
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Natera International, Inc., care of Data Protectors, LLC., 15127 NE 24th St, Suite 435, Redmond, WA 98052 USA or via email at Privacy@Natera.com.
We have set out below a list of third parties with whom we share your data.
Third party Name
Description of services provided
|Natera Inc.||Parent Company|
|Sigma Management Int Ltd||Sales Support|
|Cloud Service Provider|
|Cortona||IT Backup Provider|
|Google, Cortona||IT Service Providers|
|Email service provider|
|Internal customer database|